For office tenants able to think outside of the big box, Arizona’s lingering retail vacancies can equate to major opportunity. Such is the case with the recently completed renovation of the Tucson Galleria – a $16.4 million effort led by the Phoenix office of JLL that transformed a long-vacant retail mall into a cutting-edge Western region customer support center for Comcast Cable.
Located in Tucson, the 165,000-square-foot Comcast facility was originally built in the mid 1980s, initially serving as a multi-tenant retail mall and, later, as an American Home Furnishings store. The furniture retailer vacated the space several years ago, leaving the space empty until Comcast selected the building for its new support center.
Through a JLL-directed redesign led by Vice President Derek Ruterman, this former mall now operates as a flexible and creative corporate environment that is solely occupied by Comcast. Approximately 1,200 employees work at the site, providing IT, call center and social media services.
Features of the new service center include:
- Three floors totalling 165,000 square feet and a covered parking garage with 1,050 spaces.
- Creative, flexible indoor spaces that incorporate the building’s original elevator, escalators and central atrium, providing a uniquely open feel and strong connectivity between workspaces.
- Custom, structurally supported steel light rings with suspended LED’s that span the atrium and create brightly lit atmospheres in spaces without any windows.
- State-of-the-art video conference rooms, training rooms and large meeting rooms.
- On-site amenities designed to attract and retain young Millennial employees, such as a large outdoor patio space, a fitness facility with locker rooms and gaming spaces on each floor. Micro Markets are also incorporated on each floor, providing fresh food selections brought in daily for employees.
- A former movie theatre that has been re-purposed to support meeting and break room requirements.
Click here to learn more about the project or contact:
+1 602 282 6253